Clinical Decision Support Systems (CDSS) have been used for quite some time. What are clinical decision support systems? How are they used by physicians and other hospital staff? In what ways do the CDSS needs of physicians and other staff members differ? In what ways are they the same? Paper:
Review the following article from this week’s reading: Information systems & technology. Patient at the center of the health care universe: A closer look at patient-centered care.
Prepare a well-written paper that addresses all of the following topics/requirements:
- Compose a brief summary of the author’s main points.
- Assess the value and challenges of Clinical Decision Support Systems (CDSS), in general, and Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) systems, specifically, to achieve the patient-centered care goals set forth in the article.
- Evaluate the pros and cons of linking Electronic Health Records (EHR) to at least three clinical information systems (e.g., LIS, PIS, RIS, and physician mobile devices).
- Explain and defend the rationale for classifying EHR, CPOE, and CDSS as patient-centered management systems.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 4-6 pages in length, not including the title and reference pages
- Cite 3-5 references. (Remember, you must support your thinking/opinions and prior knowledge with references; all facts must be supported; use in-text citations throughout the assignment and include them in an APA-formatted reference list.)
- Adhere to the guidelines of the grading rubric
These need to be on 2 separate word docs the discussion does not need to be no more than 1 page a half page will do. Please follow the directions on the paper this should be a really easy assignment