Part 1 Word 400-600 Words
SaharaOasis will have to hire union members for its U.S. warehouse positions. It is a stipulation in their collective bargaining agreement that if the organization expands its operations, the union will represent the warehouse workers. However, one of its U.S. locations is a “right-to-work” state.
Using Bloomberg Businessweek B-School Connection resources, research right-to-work laws, and respond to the following questions:
- Briefly discuss the law that allows for right-to-work states to exist and why it was implemented.
- What does this mean for employees, and how does this differ from the union situation in non-right to work states?
- What does this mean for management and the organization in general?
- What advantages and disadvantages might there be for management and the organization?
Part 2 PowerPoint/5–7 slides + title and reference slides; Speaker notes 200–250 words/slide
Respond to the following scenario with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use research to reinforce your ideas.
A structured performance management strategy is necessary at SaharaOasis. As part of this strategy, a new performance appraisal tool needs to be developed for warehouse associates, as well as the management staff. Your recommendation must be presented to the vice president (VP) of human resources in a PowerPoint presentation for her review.
Using Bloomberg Businessweek B-School Connection resources, research performance management and create a slide presentation that addresses the following:
- Review the different performance appraisal tools, and make a recommendation for a tool to be used with warehouse associates and a tool to be used with management personnel.
- Why did you choose the tools that you did? What impact will they have on the organization’s HR information systems (Internet, telecommunications and networks, software, hardware, data, simulations, e-learning)?
- How would the tools be introduced in the work environment?
- What role will these tools play in performance management?
- What role do they play in avoiding litigation?
- How would you assess the effectiveness of the tools?
Provide a reference list at the end of your presentation of at least 1 Bloomberg Businessweek B-School Connection articles, and include in-text citations for the articles in APA format.
The post saharaoasis-will-have-to-hire-union-members-for-its-u-s-warehouse-positions-it-is-a-stipulation-in-their-collective-bargaining-agreement-that-if-the-organization-expands-its-operations-the-union-will-represent-the-warehouse-workers first appeared on Term Paper Tutors.