27 Jun Training Design Proposal For this assignment, you will review Chapters 5, 6, and 7 and develop and deliver an employee training workshop. Your task is to implement
Posted at 03:33hin Business & Finance / Management by
Training Design Proposal
For this assignment, you will review Chapters 5, 6, and 7 and develop and deliver an employee training workshop. Your task is to implement a 2-day training workshop for 100 managers on how to use effective feedback skills when delivering one-on-one performance reviews to employees.
In a three-to-five-page paper (excluding the title and reference page), construct a proposal that
Save your time – order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlines
Order Paper Now
Identifies three specific learning objectives.
Discuss the content the training would entail, methods to be used (e.g., lecture, case study, role play, etc.), and the instructional media and equipment required and explain why.
Specify the logistical arrangements, such as type of room setup, that can enhance or undermine the content and interaction between participants.
Examine the impact that room setup has on communication in the group.
Length of workshop (2 days),
Number of trainees (100), and
Learning objective (developing effective feedback skills).
Your introductory paragraph must include a clear and concise description of the training. Tables, images and appendices may be used. APA Style elements should be used to organize and identify each section of your paper. An abstract is not required. Your paper must be formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. Your paper must also include citations and references from the Blanchard and Thacker (2019) text and at least three additional scholarly sources.
The Training Design Proposal paper
APA 7th Items
APA 7th- Dr. Hannum 1
Hello Everyone! Introduction. The writing standard for this course is APA 7th edition, which “hit the streets” in October 2019. The University of Arizona Global Campus officially began conversion in January 2020. Recently, the university has announced this is the standard university-wide. This is what you will be graded on. Now, there are not a lot of major changes from APA 6th edition. Many make sense and I am sure APA will modify these and more. Listed below are some things to note as we move forward.
Font and Font Sizes APA 7th allows for a number of expanded fonts. However, institutions and the like can set limits. For our course, we will stay with Times New Roman 12.
Line – Paragraph Spacing
Line/paragraph spacing remains double-spaced with the line spacing controls remain 0-pt, not something else. Also, instead of two spaces following the end of a sentence, only one. I need to get used to that one myself.
Running Heads/Titles/Page Numbers
In APA 7th, there is the option for student papers and professional papers. In this course you have the option to use the professional paper approach or not. Now, if you decide to use the professional paper approach, which means a running head will be on each page along with a page number. The running head is a shortened version of the main title, is capitalized and needs to match up with the main tittle. You start with the first word of the main title, the second and maybe the third. So here, is how it looks like (cover page) in Times New Roman 12:
APA 7th Items
APA 7th- Dr. Hannum 2
WHO IS BURIED 1
Who Is Buried in Grant’s Tomb: A Meta Analytic Study on 19th Century
Burial Practices in New York and Maryland
(Note – the title on the cover page is now in Bold font and a double-double line spacing between that that and the rest of the cover page information. )
Then, on every page there after in Times New Roman 12:
WHO IS BURIED 1
Then, on the fist page of the main content (at the top in bold font), the full main title is listed again.
References And In-Text Citations in APA Style
Some other items to note for APA 7th (yellow – old; green – new)
When it comes to citing sources, more guidelines have been added that make citing online sources easier and clearer. In total, 114 examples are provided in the new APA 7th Publication Manual (which you are not required to purchase), ranging from books and periodicals to audiovisuals and social media. For each reference category, an easy template is
David Hannum� 1/20/2020 12:14 PM Comment : This is in the actual header section of the paper.
David Hannum� 1/20/2020 12:15 PM Comment : Note this change
David Hannum� 1/20/2020 12:16 PM Comment : This is in the actual header section of the paper.
APA 7th Items
APA 7th- Dr. Hannum 3
provided to help you understand and apply the citation guidelines. The biggest changes in the 7th edition are: (1) The publisher location is no longer included in the reference.
o Covey, S. R. (2013). The 7 habits of highly effective people: Powerful lessons in personal change. New York, NY: Simon & Schuster.
o Covey, S. R. (2013). The 7 habits of highly effective people: Powerful lessons in personal change. Simon & Schuster.
(2) The in-text citation for works with three or more authors is now shortened right from the first citation. You only include the first author’s name and “et al.”. You used to have to have introduced all contributors first and then, use the et al. tag if the citation qualified.
• (Taylor, Kotler, Johnson, & Parker, 2018) • (Taylor et al., 2018)
(3) Surnames and initials for up to 20 authors (instead of 7) should be provided in the reference list.
• Miller, T. C., Brown, M. J., Wilson, G. L., Evans, B. B., Kelly, R. S., Turner, S. T., … Lee, L. H. (2018).
• Miller, T. C., Brown, M. J., Wilson, G. L., Evans, B. B., Kelly, R. S., Turner, S. T., Lewis, F., Lee, L. H., Cox, G., Harris, H. L., Martin, P., Gonzalez, W. L., Hughes, W., Carter, D., Campbell, C., Baker, A. B., Flores, T., Gray, W. E., Green, G., … Nelson, T. P. (2018).
(4) DOIs are formatted the same as URLs. The label “DOI:” is no longer necessary.
• doi: 10.1080/02626667.2018.1560449 • https://doi.org/10.1080/02626667.2018.1560449
(5) URLs are no longer preceded by “Retrieved from,” unless a retrieval date is needed. The website name is included (unless it’s the same as the author), and web page titles are italicized.
• Walker, A. (2019, November 14). Germany avoids recession but growth remains weak. Retrieved from https://www.bbc.com/news/business- 50419127
• Walker, A. (2019, November 14). Germany avoids recession but growth remains weak. BBC News. https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50419127
(6) For ebooks, the format, platform, or device (e.g. Kindle) is no longer included in the reference and the publisher is included.
APA 7th Items
APA 7th- Dr. Hannum 4
• Brück, M. (2009). Women in early British and Irish astronomy: Stars and satellites [Kindle version]. https:/doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-2473-2
• Brück, M. (2009). Women in early British and Irish astronomy: Stars and satellites. Springer Nature. https:/doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-2473-2
Inclusive and bias-free language
Writing inclusively and without bias is the new standard, and APA’s new publication manual contains a separate chapter on this topic.
The guidelines provided by APA help authors reduce bias around topics such as gender, age, disability, racial and ethnic identity, and sexual orientation, as well as being sensitive to labels and describing individuals at the appropriate level of specificity. Some examples include:
(1) The singular “they” or “their” is endorsed as a gender-neutral pronoun.
• A researcher’s career depends on how often he or she is cited. • A researcher’s career depends on how often they are cited.
(2) Instead of using adjectives as nouns to label groups of people, descriptive phrases are preferred.
• The poor • People living in poverty
(3) Instead of broad categories, you should use exact age ranges that are more
relevant and specific.
• People over 65 years old • People in the age range of 65 to 75 years old
Conclusion. As noted, I have included a few items from the American Psychological Associate website in this content area. Please be careful what you download via the Internet. Some of it is not properly done, even APA 7th. UAGC also is showing sources and examples too in the Writing Center. You are required, as per UAGC/ FSBT and your graduate program to do things correctly. This source document comes straight from the APA 7th Publication Manual – the official source for APA 7th. Finally, note the feedback on your papers! Thank you. Dr. Hannum
AcademicAPAAssignmentBusinessCapstoneCollegeConclusionCourseDayDiscussionDouble SpacedEssayEnglishFinanceGeneralGraduateHistoryInformationJustifyLiteratureManagementMarketMastersMathMinimumMLANursingOrganizationalOutlinePagesPaperPresentationQuestionsQuestionnaireReferenceResponseResponseSchoolSubjectSlidesSourcesStudentSupportTimes New RomanTitleTopicsWordWriteWriting